Saturday, September 26, 2015

Windows 10 Upgrade

I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 this afternoon. After having done so, my advice to anyone out there is:

DON'T DO IT!

As far as I am concerned, Windows 10 is little more than a piece of shit very fault prone operating system that may well screw up the workings of your PC - it sure did to mine. I waited weeks to receive notice from Microsoft saying the upgrade was ready for my laptop. Then, after installing it, several of my programs/applications no longer ran or did not run properly. I tried to assure that all my drivers were up to date to see if that would help but Windows 10 apparently would not allow me to do so and whenever I tried to do anything like that, I kept getting a message saying I had to contact the administrator because the application or program had been marked as unsafe. I also found that booting and shutting down the computer were both much slower under Windows 10. In addition programs, that did run, ran slower. None of that had not happened under Windows 7. After several hours of trying to get things to work as they should, I gave up. That was right after I found out I had the option to remove Windows 10 and reinstall Windows 7. I did that but that was not a cure all. I am still having problems with some programs like HP SimplePass, my fingerprint reader and with downloading driver upgrades for things like my graphics card.

I have two words and a number for Microsoft: Fuck Windows 10.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: