Thursday, July 23, 2015

Women With Guns - A Little Bit Of Nostalgia

Now and again I like to take a look at the women with gun of a bygone era:

Diana Rig - You may recall her as Emma Peel from
The Avengers but she is seen here in a James Bond Flick.
Anne Margret - I remember seeing her once in some movie and
thinking that there was enough room in her sweater for both of us.
 
The perfection of Raquel Welch.

Yes, that's Norma Jean having some fun with
what I am guessing is a Colt Woodsman.
Jayne Mansfield - the blonde bombshell whose life was
cut way to short in a tragic car/truck wreck. The Mansfield
Bar - the bars you see on the back of trucks to prevent cars
from going under them, were so named because of her death.
Quite familiar but her name eludes me; someone help me out here.
 
Yvonne De Carlo - You may remember her as Lily Munster
but if you're a guy and you watched her back then as Lily,
I bet you fantasized about her a whole lot more like this.
 
Jane Russell, back in the days before implants. She was endowed beyond almost
all, if not all, other Hollywood starlets back then with the possible exception of
Jayne Mansfield. Yet, if that was so, it was close - damned close.
 
Mary Astor - pictured with a Colt 1911. She played the femme fatale in one
of my favorite movies, The Maltese Falcon. Acting like that truly is a lost art.



Mae West - not the prettiest, not the most well endowed but
surely the sassiest of all actresses to ever pick up a six gun.
 
All the best,
GB

 

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Raquel was fantastic in both Hannie Calduer with Robert Culp and Bandelero with James Stewart and Dean Martin. I so hearted her.

wdstarr said...

I just did a Google Image search on the "Quite familiar but her name eludes me; someone help me out here" photo; the results at http://tinyurl.com/hxe479k leave me pretty certain that it's Linda Cristal, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Cristal. She's probably best known for the tv series "The High Chapparal."