Friday, February 20, 2015

That Under The Weather Thing Continues

Went to Costco late this afternoon. I hate it there when it is crowded, especially on Friday afternoons and had I thought of what day it was, I would have waited until tomorrow in the middle of our expected snowfall to have gone then. Anyway, I am still feeling so crappy, I don't know why I went at all. Yeah, I was feeling somewhat better yesterday but whatever bug I have hit back with a vengeance today and I have been hacking away most of the day. I guess those little germ bastards don't like whatever antibiotic I am taking and are fighting back; hopefully they will lose and will not start eating the antibiotic with gusto.  

Well, once back home, when I walked in the door, there was my daughter for an unexpected visit. She and my son were gracious enough to help out with all the stuff from Costco which was not all that much but enough to just about knock me out in my current condition. Once I got all the stuff out of the car and to the doorway, they helped me bring it inside. It really had dragged me down to get that done and I started hacking nonstop for a good long time - too long a time. Too bad I forgot to hit the pharmacy for the prescription cough medicine that awaits me there before I came home. Well, as I was hacking away, what does my daughter tell me?????????? She says I am to be her designated driver tonight after she gets sloshed at happy hour somewhere (to be announced later when she calls me to get her). She will be lucky if I am alive, let alone feeling like picking her up, when she calls judging by how I feel right now.

Oh well, probably better me than her behind the wheel if she will have been drinking. Time to take a rest before I have to pick her up. Maybe this time I will remember to also hit the pharmacy.

Lest I forget to mention it, allow me to add, at least my bout of gout seems to have ended and that is a very good thing indeed.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: