Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Nice Neighbor...

...is my neighbor Peter. I went out to shovel at 0630 this morning and did our backyard patio and walkway. I only did that so the Chihuahuas could go out to pee and crap. Of course, at least one of them did it in the house anyway, she doesn't like snow at all. Anyway, after that, my back was aching. I figure why not ache, the snow probably was about 10-12 inches deep (maybe more but not less) even though I had shoveled that twice last night. Then about an hour and a half ago or so, I went out to shovel the side of the garage and in front of the house. I shoveled my way down the garage sidewalk and started on the driveway, what little of our tiny driveway was not covered by our three small cars parked in it (and parked partly on the lawn and garden as it really is a small driveway) and when I looked up I saw that our front sidewalk was already cleared. Our neighbor Peter had hit it with his snow-blower! I saw him still doing his driveway, went to thank him and after that he did my driveway too, the part that abuts directly with the street. That tiny bit, maybe 8'x4' would have taken me 45 minutes with that much snow and all the additional snow pushed and compacted into the mouth of the driveway by the snowplows. Good man that neighbor of ours. I owe him for that - maybe a gift certificate for $25 bucks of gas is in order - that should keep the snow-blower blowing for a couple of years, well maybe only a year if he keeps doing our sidewalk too.

By the way, the sow keeps falling. Must be at least another inch or two on the ground since he hit it with the snow-blower. 

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

B said...

Y'know, I use the tractor to clear some of my neighbors driveways....Just the fact that they say "Thanks" is enough. Sadly, some of my neighbors never say thanks and so, sadly, I don't clear their driveways.