Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Most Disgusted In Myself Am I...

...than I have ever been in my lifetime. I just finished registering my Romanian WASR 10-63, as an assault weapon, with NYS under the NY SAFE Act.

 
Right now, I am merely disgusted and not ashamed of myself. I would be ashamed of myself if I did not realize that I only am doing so to avoid becoming a felon at the current time and if I did not also realize that there is a time that may soon come at which point I would willingly become a criminal, in the eyes of the tyrants, and would fight for our rights in a way only they could consider criminal. This is not yet that time but the government keeps pushing it closer and closer to its arrival.

Edited to add: Shortly after registering, I realized that I did not include a numerical prefix to the serial number on my WASR 10-63. I really do not think it part of the serial number but rather the year of manufacture. For some reason though, the dealer from whom I bought the rifle included it on the receipt as part of the SN. So, I called the NY SAFE Act hotline to see how I could amend the serial number and the guy who answered the phone took the info and said he did it for me. I asked for his name and in typical NY State government bureaucratic fashion he told me, and I quote: "NY SAFE Act hotline". If that was his name, I feel sorry for him - he must be the most hared man in NY after Governor Cuomo.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: